Academy Trust and Governing Body
The Governing Body plays an important role in guiding the school strategically in conjunction with the Executive Head Teacher and Leadership team, with a view to providing the best possible education and educational opportunities for all of the pupils.
The Chair of Governors can be contacted via the school office on 01564 792766 or by letter addressed to :
Mr David Mitchell
Chair of Governing Body,
Henley in Arden Church of England Primary School,
Henley in Arden,
The Governors at Henley in Arden Church of England Primary School are responsible for:-
- Monitoring the effective delivery of the National Curriculum;
- Financial management;
- Professional advice on the adequacy and deployment of resources within the school;
- Monitoring the academy’s self-evaluation;
- Establishing clear priorities and procedures for the effective support of the academy;
The governing body is also split into 4 committees that meet every term. The committees are;
Finance Committee – Jan Morgan
- Responsible for monitoring, evaluating and reviewing policy and performance in relation to financial management and compliance with reporting and regulatory requirements. They oversee the staffing structure and payment reviews. They also receive reports from the Responsible Officer and draft the annual budget.
Premises Committee – Duncan Bainbridge
- Responsible for monitoring the site and buildings of the Academy, determining what routine improvements should be made and planning for future expansion or enhancement of the current facilities.
Standards Committee – Louise Dale-Barron
- This committee focuses on the teaching and learning within the school. They monitor pupil’s progress and attainment through RAISE online and other means of self-assessment. It evaluates the impact of focused Pupil Premium spending. It is also kept informed about curriculum changes and the effect on future resources. They are consulted on policy development prior to policies being approved by the full governing body.
Governors join at least one committee and have the responsibility for focusing on specific topics/areas ranging from standards of education, fabric of the school buildings, staffing, budgets and community. Each committee has terms of reference, objectives and delegated powers. The chair of each committee provides feedback to all governors during full governing body meetings and certain issues are presented and then voted on by all governors.
|NAME||CURRENT TERM OF OFFICE ENDS||ROLES|
|Mr David Mitchell||01/09/2021||
Chair of Governing Body; Vice-Chair of Finance & Personnel Committee; Standards Committee
|Mr Philip Tillman||01/09/2021||
Vice-Chair of Governing Body ; Standards Committee; Finance & Personnel Committee
|Ms Jane Aldred-Ferguson||01/09/2021||
Safeguarding & SEND Governor: Finance and Personnel Committee
|Mr Duncan Bainbridge||01/09/2021||Chair of Premises Committee|
|Mrs Louise Dale-Barron||01/09/2021||Chair of Standards Committee|
|Rev John Ganjavi||Ex Officio||Vice-Chair of Premises Committee|
|Mrs Jan Morgan||01/09/2021||Chair of Finance & Personnel Committee|
|Mrs Glenda Kershaw||03/12/2021||Finance and Personnel Committee|
|Mrs Sue Westcott||01/12/2022||Standards Committee|
|Mr Jem Jones||04/12/2022||Premises Committee|
|Mrs Elaine Field||01/09/2021||Finance and Personnel Committee: Premises Committee|
|Mr Adam Walsh||Ex Officio||
Finance and Personnel Committee
|Clerk to the Governing Body|
|Mr Ian Paterson||1 month’s notice||Clerk to Governing Body and Company Secretary|
Mr Mitchell, Mr Tillman and Reverend Ganjavi are Members of Henley in Arden Church of England Primary School;
The Bishop of Coventry and the Coventry Diocesan Board of Education are also Members.
All Governors are Trustees of Henley in Arden Church of England Primary School, appointed by the Members for a term of four years.